Artistic Operations Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Classification: Full Time, Exempt
Start Date: July 9, 2018
Salary: Commensurate with experience, $43,000-$48,000
Benefits: Full health coverage, PTO, optional company phone plan, optional non-matched 401(k) plan
Seraphic Fire, South Florida’s twice GRAMMY® nominated professional vocal ensemble, is seeking a highly organized and diplomatic individual interested in working behind the scenes with one of Miami’s top performing arts institutions. This position will coordinate all logistics for Seraphic Fire’s concert season and tours, and act as point person for all artist communications. The organization is looking for a creative and motivated individual to work towards greater efficiency. This is a professional level position, with growth opportunity, suited to someone with 2-3 years of experience in nonprofit arts administration.
- Plan and administer all aspects of Seraphic Fire’s concert season and tours, including but not limited to:
- Organize artist lodging, hosting, airfare, and in-town transportation within contractual and budgetary guidelines
- Create and administer to all constituents the artistic information packet for concert weeks
- Purchase, organize, mark, scan, and distribute music to artists prior to and during each concert series
- Arrange instrument rental, tuning, and cartage
- Communicate with venues on all production logistics
- Liaise with artists prior to and during concert series, collaborating with the Executive Director as needed, to ensure a positive experience
- Oversee setup and strike of venues for rehearsals and performances
- Serve as stage and house manager during concerts
- Develop and maintain an annual master schedule for Seraphic Fire’s operations, including rehearsals, performances, tours, meetings, and special events
- Attend all Board of Directors meetings
- Interact with patrons and donors
- Perform other duties as assigned
The ideal applicant will be systems oriented, have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and be motivated to move the position forward. Facility with standard computer software (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel) is a must, with basic knowledge of CRM systems preferred. Applicants must be able to work calmly under pressure, and knowledge of classical music will be seen as an asset. This position has evening and weekend hours, and may require lifting of over 75 lbs.
To be considered for this position, please email the following to Jobs@SeraphicFire.org:
- A cover letter describing your interest in the position, what you will bring to the organization, and why you are the ideal candidate
- A resume outlining your educational and professional experience
- Three professional references
Deadline: Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Seraphic Fire is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a high standard for compliance with all employment laws, rules, and regulations.
Seraphic Fire seeks, celebrates, and nurtures diversity among its employees and volunteers.