General Operations Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Classification: Full-Time, Exempt
Start Date: November 26, 2018
Salary: Commensurate with experience, $45,000 – $55,000
Salary: Full health/ dental/ vision coverage, PTO, optional company phone plan, optional non-matched 401(k) plan
Reporting to the Executive Director, the General Operations Manager is responsible for executing the operating and accounting functions of two-time GRAMMY®-nominated professional vocal ensemble Seraphic Fire, a not-for-profit cultural arts organization based in Miami, Florida, with an annual operating budget of $1.7 million.
General Operations Responsibilities
- Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures, preparing payroll, designing filing systems, reviewing and approving supply and service requisitions and acquisitions, and monitors and maintains office supplies inventory.
- Manages relationships with vendors, service providers and landlords, ensuring that all items are invoiced and paid on time. Manages contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers, and office and venue leases. Coordinates with IT providers on all office equipment.
- Coordinates recruitment, orientation, and training of new staff members.
- Oversees insurance policies, including general liability, D&O, worker’s comp, and life.
- Executes duties associated with the company’s front of house concert processes to ensure the smooth operation of the house (typically both the lobby and audience seating area) during the run of Seraphic Fire performances (some evenings and weekends are required). Responsibilities include:
- recruits, orients, and trains house workers (ushers, greeters, ticket and merchandise sellers, etc.);
- coordinates building opening times on show nights with Manager of Artistic Operations;
- coordinates distribution of programs;
- performs pre-show walk-through of the lobby and seating area to verify that the house is clean and presentable for the audience;
- ensures that informational signage is relevant to a particular show are in place.
Finance and Accounting
- Oversees the organizational FY budget in consultation with the Executive Director, Strategic Consultant, and Board of Director’s Finance Committee.
- Delivers monthly reports on the company’s financial position, cash flow, profit & loss, and other financial information to the Strategic Consultant and Executive Director.
- Executes duties associated with the company’s financial processes to include:
- payroll processing;
- accounts payable and receivable;
- bank reconciliations;
- accounting journal entries under GAAP standards;
- closes and opens books at the beginning and end of accounting periods;
- issues financial statements to the Executive Director;
- reconciles expenditures and revenues;
- monitors operational accounts;
- makes adjustments based on depreciation or amortization; and
- prepares bank deposits and pays monthly bills.
- Executes all aspects of grant financial management, including preparation of grant budgets and proposals for grant writer, ensuring timely processing of grant receivables, tracking and analyzing grant expenditures, and preparing and filing grant reports.
- Provides requested information to Strategic Consultant needed to conduct annual audit and tax return, and coordinates local needs of external auditors.
The ideal applicant will be an energetic professional who doesn’t mind wearing multiple hats and controlling confidential information. Experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and accounting related tasks and able to work independently with little or no supervision. Well organized, flexible, and enjoys the administrative challenges of supporting an organization of diverse people. Strong facility with standard computer software (e.g. Microsoft Excel) is a must, with knowledge of accounting and CRM software required (QuickBooks and Salesforce preferred). Applicant must be able to work calmly under pressure, and knowledge of and appreciation for the choral art form will be seen as an asset. This position has evening and weekend hours.
To be considered for this position, please email the following to Jobs@SeraphicFire.org:
- A cover letter including your interest in the position, what you will bring to the organization, and why you are the ideal candidate
- A resume outlining your professional and educational experience
- Three professional references
Deadline: Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Seraphic Fire is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a high standard for compliance with all employment laws, rules, and regulations.
Seraphic Fire seeks, celebrates, and nurtures diversity among its employees and volunteers.